Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We love this dip! The addition of the garlic powder is a nice touch. This recipe makes a good size batch. It's a great appetizer when having a large group of people over. Ooey gooey goodness! The Test Kitchen
6 ozartichoke hearts (drained, rinsed and chopped)
6 ozfrozen chopped spinach, thawed (wring out as much liquid as possible
1green onion, chopped
1/2 csour cream
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 cgrated Parmesan cheese
1 3/4 cfreshly shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, onion, mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and 1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to combine well and spoon into a small baking dish (I used 2 of my 7" x 4" stoneware dishes, I am freezing the second one).
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove and take the tinfoil off and top with remaining cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Turn the broiler on high and lightly brown the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with tortilla or pita chips.