Asparagus Roll-Ups with Blue Cheese
- 1 lb
- (about 24 spears) asparagus
- red peppers, roasted*, cut into 1/4- inch wide strips
- sundried tomatoes
- 4 oz
- blue cheese, at room temperature
- 2 oz
- light or 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- (8- inch) soft flour tortillas
How to Make Asparagus Roll-Ups with Blue Cheese
Cook time (not including roasting peppers)
- 2Trim asparagus stalks to 5- inch length.
In boiling salted water, cook asparagus until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Dry asparagus and roasted peppers thoroughly.
While asparagus is cooking, place sundried tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
In a small bowl, mash together blue cheese, cream cheese and tomatoes.
- 3Spread each tortilla with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese spread. Cut each tortilla into 4 long strips. Place one asparagus tip and one pepper strip together at end of tortilla strip and roll up tightly into a spiral. Repeat with remaining asparagus and peppers.
Serve immediately or refrigerate up to a day before serving.