Chorizo and Bell Pepper Quesadillas
- (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 c
- bell pepper slices (red, green and yellow)
- links (approx. 9.6 oz.) chorizo sausage crumbled or roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Chorizo and Bell Pepper Quesadillas
- 1In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add red onion. Sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add peppers and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 2In same skillet, add crumbled or chopped sausage and cook until slightly browned and cooked through.
- 3Place 4 tortillas on work surface, spread ¼ cup of cheese on half of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the cooked chorizo, 1/4 of the onion and pepper mixture, and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle each with 1/2 tablespoon of the cilantro and fold the other half of the tortilla over.
- 4Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add ½ Tablespoon butter to skillet. Lightly brown 1 quesadilla on each side until cheese is melted (about 1 ½ minutes per side). Repeat with the remaining quesadillas, adding remaining butter after the second quesadilla.
- 5Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve warm.