Spicy Blackened Shrimp Skillet Nachos
Shrimp just makes these nachos seem so decadent. It also makes these nachos appealing to adults. Especially shrimp-loving adults like myself.
The best part about this recipe isn’t even the shrimp though, it’s how easy the nachos are to make. There are just a few ingredients needed and they take approximately 7 minutes to make.
I made these nachos in a cast-iron skillet. Makes it easy to throw in the oven and melt the cheese. Super easy!
2 Tbspkraft zesty italian dressing, divided
3/4 lbfrozen cooked shrimp, thawed
1red bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbspblackened seasoning (make your own: mix 1-3/4 tsp. paprika, 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves and 1/4 tsp. each ground red pepper (cayenne) and garlic powder)
6 ctortilla chips (8 oz.)
1 pkg(8 oz.) kraft shredded triple cheddar cheese with a touch of philadelphia
1green onion, chopped
2 Tbspchopped fresh cilantro
1jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
How to Make Spicy Blackened Shrimp Skillet Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or start your broiler.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on high heat until very hot and starts to smoke.
- Add one tablespoon of dressing, shrimp, chopped red peppers and seasoning to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 min. or until shrimp is heated through and evenly coated with dressing mixture.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon of dressing.
- Remove shrimp mixture from skillet.
- Layer half of the chips, shrimp mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place in oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Or Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top nachos with onions, cilantro and jalapenos.
- Serve immediately