3 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 tspseasoned salt
1 lbamerican cheese loaf (velveeta), shredded
1 1/2 lbsharp cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make GARLIC CHEESE
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, garlic powder and seasoned salt until fluffy.
- Add American cheese and mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly, frequently scraping down sides of bowl and scraping up from the bottom. (This takes several minutes to become thoroughly incorporated.)
- Divide garlic cheese into four equal portions, wrap well, then refrigerate or freeze.
- SUGGESTION TO DIVIDE AND STORE: Put cheese into a gallon size zipper bag. Lay on flat surface, press to remove as much air as possible and zip bag closed. Using a rolling pin, roll and flatten until smooth, even and pressed into each corner of bag. Using a sharp chef's knife, cut bag in half, then cut each in half again to make four equal portions. Place each in a quart size zipper bag and freeze or refrigerate.
- To use frozen portion, remove from freezer ahead of time and allow to come to room temperature before adding to a recipe.