Easy Deep-Dish Pizza
A must for the big game or an evening of just sitting around the TV
- 3 c
- biscuit baking mix
- 3/4 c
- cold water
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef (95% fat free) or ground sirloin
- 1/2 c
- slivered onion
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 c
- reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz)
- 1 jar(s)
- (4 1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- green pepper, cut into strips
- red pepper, cut into strips
How to Make Easy Deep-Dish Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1- inch, or a cookie sheet.
Mix baking mix and water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Gently smooth dough into ball on floured board. Knead 20 times. Using a rolling pin, roll into a rectangle measuring 15 1/2 x 10 1/2- inches.
- 2Place dough on and up sides of the pan with floured hands. Or place on cookie sheet; pinch edges of rectangle, forming 3/4- inch rim.
Cook and stir lean ground beef, onion, salt and garlic until beef is brown; drain grease.
Mix tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; spread over dough. Scatter cheese over tomato sauce.
- 3Spoon beef mixture over cheese and top with mushrooms and peppers.
Bake until crust is golden brown; about 20 minutes. Slice into 3 x 3- inch slices and serve.