Vegan Chocolate Cake With Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
FOR THE DRY INGREDIENTS
3 cflour (i used spelt)
2 craw cane sugar
2 tspbaking soda
1 ccocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tspsea salt
2 Tbspflax ground plus 6 tablespoons water (this equals to two eggs)
1 csoy milk
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cboiling water
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE ICING
8 oztoffuti cream cheese
1/4 cvegan margarine (i used earth balance)
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/8 tspsea salt
3/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder
3 3/4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Cake With Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Prepare your baking pan(s). Make sure you grease them well and put parchment paper liners on the bottom of the pan. This cake will stick.
- You can use a tube pan and if you do, make sure you bake the cake for 1 hour.
- You can use a 9x13 inch rectangular pan, if you do bake for 45 minutes.
- You can use 2 8 inch round pans. These take 30-35 minutes.
- Remember not all ovens are the same, so it's good to check your cake with a long tooth pick after the baking time is up to make sure it's cooked through. Stick the tooth pick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean then it's done.
- FOR THE CAKE:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until smooth.
- Put the batter into the prepared pans and bake according to the above directions.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- In a deep narrow bowl, beat the cream cheese, margarine, vanilla and sea salt to form a creamy mixture.
- Add the powdered sugar to the creamy mixture until the desired consistency is achieved. It's up to you how thick or thin you want this icing.
- Once the cake(s) are totally cooled ice and refrigerate to let it set up.
- Cut yourself a big slice and enjoy with your favourite beverage.