Adapted from a recipe by Connie Jensen of Utah. Photo is my own.
- 1 1/4
- pounds of small, unpeeled, red potatoes quartered
- 1 1/2
- cups of small diced onions
- cup of small diced red or green bell pepper
- cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- cup of water
- tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- teaspoon chicken or beef granules
- teaspoon dried oregano
How to Make SPANISH POTATOES
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the onions, green pepper, water, oregano, oil and chicken granules. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain potatoes; add onion mixture and stir gently to coat. Salt and pepper to taste. Add raw chopped tomatoes and fold in gently and serve.
- 3Cook's tip: You may omit the 1/2 cup water and beef or chicken granules and substitute 3/4 can of chicken or beef broth instead.