Blue Ribbon Recipe
This was a very good corn casserole! It doesn't have the usual texture of corn souffle, but rather a moist cornbread texture. It's very satisfying: a rib sticking and a hearty side dish. I see it being served for a holiday dinner with a baked ham, or just any weekday with something as simple as burgers or barbecued ribs. The Test Kitchen
- 1 can(s)
- regular sized can of creamed corn, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- regular sized can of corn, drained
- 1 box
- jiffy cornbread mix or use following substitution
- 2 large
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 2 to 3 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- sour cream
- use the following for a copycat jiffy mix or just use the store bought jiffy mix
- 2/3 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
How to Make Corn Casserole
- 1To make corn casserole combine all but half of the cheese in a bowl.
- 2Pour into a large, greased 13x9 baking dish.
- 3Bake at 350' until center is set & casserole is slightly golden, 35-40 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining cheese & bake 5-10 more minutes. Then enjoy your corn casserole!