★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgchocolate almond bark
How to Make caramel chocolate pecan
- If you use whole pecans, break them into pieces, I use the packaged pecan pieces when I can find them.
- Peel your caramels and melt them over a double boiler, I sit a bigger pot on top of a small pot filled with water. Add a tbl of water or milk, I prefer milk, makes it creamier.
- When the caramel has melted, stir in your pecans. Let sit for a little while, don't let it set up. Drop by spoonfuls on a buttered cookie sheet or wax or parchment paper, I butter the wax paper, just to be safe.
- After the caramel pecans have set up and you can hold them, melt the package of almond bark. You don't need a double boiler, just watch your heat, I start out on very low, increase to just below medium. It takes about 14 minutes if you go slow enough.You can add a tsp of lard or solid shortening, I try not to, chocolate is better without it.
- When the chocolate is melted, dip your caramel pecans in the chocolate and put on buttered cookie sheet or waxed paper or parchment, they set up, they're delicious.