Spicy Fruit Compote1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1two inch cinnamon stick
1/2 cport, sweet red wine or apple juice
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 pkgmixed dried fruit
How to Make Spicy Fruit Compote
- Tie cinnamon stick and cloves in cheesecloth bag.
- Heat cheesecloth bag, sugar, port, water and lemon juice to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fruit is plump and tender.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until chilled.
- Discard cheesecloth bag.
- Stir bananas into fruit mixture until coated with syrup.
- Drain fruit, reserving syrup.
- Serve fruit with some of the syrup.
- Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt if desired.