1 pkggraham crackers (they come 3 to a box)
1/2 stickoleo (melted)
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
2 pkg( 8 oz. each) cream cheese
2/3 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tspbutternut or butter & nut flavoring
How to Make Butternut Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grind or crush graham crackers. Add oleo and 2 tablespoons sugar to crackers. Mix and spread into pie dish/tin making sure to tamp down to form crust. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and 2/3 cups sugar. Cream together well. Add eggs all at one time, mixing only enough to blend. Do not overmix as you want air to stay in the batter to make this light and fluffy. Mix in flavoring. Pour batter into pie tin and smooth out.
- Place pie in oven for about 50 minutes. Test for doneness by gently pressing finger in middle of pie, if it springs back up it's done.
- *note* do not use the toothpick method with this as sometimes the toothpick does not come out completely clean but extra time in the oven will burn it.
- Chill before serving.