Potato Bacon Soup
This is an old fashioned soup, but it doesn't require a lot of time to simmer.
The bacon makes it specially yummy, you could add 3 cups of shredded cheddar,and make it a cheese potato soup.
6 cdiced potatoes
1 cdiced onions
5 cchicken stock to cover, or water
2/3 cdiced celery
3 Tbspcelery tops
6 slicebacon, fried crisp, crumbled, reserve some for garnish
1 tspeach salt and pepper, or to taste
2 tspdried parsley, plus more to garnish
4 cwhole milk
1 cheavy cream
4 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1/2 ccold water
How to Make Potato Bacon Soup
- Cook bacon til crispy, drain on paper towels, and crumble.
- Saute onion and celery in bacon fat til bacon is translucent.
- Dice potatoes and cover with water or chicken stock. Add sauted onions, celery, (make sure you add some of that bacon fat too)celery tops, seasonings.
- Simmer potatoes til fork tender, not mushy.
- Mix slurry ingredients together, add to simmering potatoes, a little at a time. Use a spatula and not a spoon for this.
- Simmer until thickened, add milk, cream, crumbled bacon.
- If you want to make this a cheddar cheese soup, now is the time to add 3 cups of shredded extra sharp sheddar.
- Adjust seasonings at this time, ladle into soup crocks and garnish with parsley and some bacon.