Pot Roast Teriyaki1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 tspcabbage, 1/4 head cut into big chunks
1 Tbspcooking fat
1/8 csoy sauce
How to Make Pot Roast Teriyaki
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and curry powder. Dredge meat in seasoned flour and brown in fat.
- Remove meat from pan and pour off fat drippings.
- Add honey, soy sauce, water, wine and ginger; mix well.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until done. (Or cook in a 325 oven for same amount of time.)
- Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- When done, remove meat and keep warm.
- For 2 cups of gravy, pour liquid from pan into a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Let stand for 1 minute to allow fat to come to top.
- Discard all but 4 tablespoons (or less) of fat.
- Add enough water (or other liquid) to measure 1 1/2 cups of liquid and return to pan.
- In same cup, measure 1/2 cup cold water and blend in flour.
- Add mixture slowly to liquid in pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Taste gravy and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Slice meat; serve with sauce over hot rice.