PEGGI'S HOMEMADE DEEP DISH PUMPKIN PIE
Peggi Anne Tebben
I chose two or three of the most popular ones from friends of mine, & one I had & was looking for it to taste like "Grandmother or Mom used to make". I added some ingredients & added more of existing ingredients & came up with a deep dish one, not a skinny one, that tastes great!
·*single flaky pie crust
·1 cup sugar
·1/2 tsp. salt
·1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
·1/2 tsp. ground ginger
·1/2 tsp. ground cloves
·1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
·2 1/2 cups home canned pumpkin or store bought
·1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk or cream
·enough water added with canned milk or cream to make 2 cups total
·3 eggs, slightly beaten
How to Make PEGGI'S HOMEMADE DEEP DISH PUMPKIN PIE
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine all ingredients & mix with large whisk until smooth.
I can my own pumpkin. When I do, I make it in quart jars, but only fill the jar about 3/4 of the way full & that way I don't have to even measure, just dump it in. I don't worry if it is a little more or less, as it still comes out perfect every time.
- Pour as much as you can into deep dish pie crust without hiding the edge of crust. Freeze the remainder or split this between 2 pies & make 2 skinnier ones.
- Place foil or pie crust shields around crust.
- Cook in center of oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove shields & continue cooking for another 25 minutes or until set & no more jiggling in center of pie.
- Cool on wire rack. Keep stored in fridge once cooled, as pumpkin pies tend to mold easily if left out.