6 Tbspsplenda blend
6 Tbspgood quality unsweetened cocoa
6 c1%, 2%, or whole milk (don't use skim, it's nasty)
1/8 tspgood quality ground cinnamon
How to Make Bunyan's Steaming Hot Cocoa
- Use a 3 or 4 quart heavy bottomed saucepan
- Slice the vanilla bean open length wise & scrape out all the seeds with the tip of a paring knife
- Put all of the seeds in the pan, and throw in the scraped bean as well
- Add the water, splenda blend, cocoa, & cinnamon
- Whisk with a wire whip to combine.
- Heat to a boil over LOW heat, whisking frequently
- As soon as it comes to a boil, add your milk and continue heating over LOW heat, whisking occasionally until the cocoa reaches 180 degrees. DON'T LET IT BOIL!
- Take out the vanilla bean pod
- Serve in warmed mugs with a dollop of whipped cream or mini marshmallows