Norma's Applejack Chicken w/Long Grain & Wild rice
2chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into cubes
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2apples, peeled and sliced
1/3 claird's applejack rum
1/4 capple juice
1 Tbspfresh poultry blend, (rosemary, sage & thyme) finely chopped
16 ounce box of uncle bens long grain & wild rice with roasted garlic & olive oil
How to Make Norma's Applejack Chicken w/Long Grain & Wild rice
- Place two tablespoons of olive oil in bottom of large frying pan and heat at med-high heat.
- Add chicken cubes and cook chicken until no longer pink inside and starting to turn brown.
- Add apple slices, and herb mixture, stir and cook until apples are soft.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Left pan off of stove top. Add Applejake Rum away from stove and light it with a lighter that is pictured above until it burns off. Being very careful!!!
- Return to stove top and continue cooking up to a boil and add apple juice and stir.
- Lower heat, place a lid over mixture and simmer while rice is cooking.
- Make your box of your favorite Long Grain & Wild Rice mix as directed on the box and cook as directed.
- Place cooked rice on plate and cover with chicken mixture. Serve hot with your favorite vegetables.