My Applesauce Sweet Potato Bake
1 lbsweet potatoes or yams (about 3 medium) or 1 can (18 ounce) of vacuum-packed sweet patatoes, cut lenghwise in half.
1/3 cpacked brown sugar
1/4 cchopped nuts
1/4 cdried canberries
1/2 tspground cinnamon
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
How to Make My Applesauce Sweet Potato Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Place sweet potatoes in a 3 quart saucepan; add enough water to cover.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. (or microwave potatoes wrapped in paper towels for 30 minutes or until tender)
- Drain sweet potatoes and remove skins, cut each sweet potato linghwise in half.
- Place sweet potatoes, cut side up in a ungreased 2 quart casserole or square baking dish, 8 X 8 X 2 inches.
- Spread applesauce over sweet potatoes.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, cranberries and cinnamon and sprinkle over applesauce.
- Dot with butter and cover and bake about 30 minutes or until hot.
- For a shortcut: use one can (18 ounce) vacuum-packed sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise in half instead of fresh sweet potatoes.
- Why not try different sprinkles:
*Canned sliced peaches or pineapple
*Toasted pecans or almonds
*French-fried onion rings or crushed croutons