- 1 pkg
- saltine crackers (about 40 crackers) break last row to fit
- 1 c
- unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 c
- packed dark brown sugar
- 2 c
- milk chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark if you prefer)
- chopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Crack
- 2In a medium nonstick saucepan melt butter over medium heat stirring frequently with a spatula. Once butter has melted, add brown sugar stirring to combine. Cook on medium heat until mixture starts to boil.(when it starts boiling time about 3 minutes.) Remove from heat and pour over saltines using spatula to spread sauce.
- 3Bake crackers for 5 minutes or until butter mixture begins to bubble. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with chocolate allowing the heat to melt the chocolate about 2 minutes. Spread chocolate evenly with the spatula so all of the crackers are completely covered. Sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired. I usually put nuts on half. Refrigerate until chocolate sets and hardens. Break apart and serve.