2 call purpose flour
2 calmonds or hazelnuts, finely ground
2 stickunsalted butter
2 largeeggs (whisked) separate
8 ozraspberry jam (seedless)
3 Tbspraspberry brandy or cognac
2 tsppowdered sugar
How to Make Linzer Torte
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a Spring form pan
- Combine flour, sugar, ground nuts, butter, and 1 egg to form a dough. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Take 3/4 of the dough and roll it out on a floured surface. Transfer to the Spring form - make sure dough comes up about 1/2 inch up the side of the pan.
- Mix raspberry jam and Raspberry Brandy (or Cognac). Spread this mixture evenly into the cake bottom.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips. Arrange strips into a criss-cross pattern on top of the cake. Break the remaining egg into a cup and whisk with a fork or whisk. Brush dough strips with egg wash.
- Bake cake for 40-45 minutes or until cake becomes a golden brown.
Allow cake to rest overnight before serving - this brings the flavor out more. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar.