Kellys Crispy Onion Rings
How to Make Kellys Crispy Onion Rings
- Peel onion. Sliced into very this slices. As thin as you like, i like mine as this as i can get them.
- Pull the rings apart. Soak sliced onion rings in the buttermilk for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, garlic powder, onion salt, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Heat oil in pan deep enough for the onion rings.
- Take a handfull of the onions out of the buttermilk, give them a shake to get off excess buttermilk, and put them in the flour mixture. Toss around to coat completely. Place aside to finish the rest of your onions.
- Once all onions are nicely coated with the flour mixture, start deep frying them until golden brown.
- When they are done, place them on papertowel lined plates to drain the excess oil. Sprinkle with a little salt if desired! Repeat until all onions are golden brown and delicious!!