grandma Nowiski's crock pickles
3/4 ckosher salt
1 to 2 tspalum
8 to 10cloves of garlic, cleaned and cut in half
3 sprig(s)dill, washed and broken, divided into 3 piles
·pickles, washed, leave whole or slice
How to Make grandma Nowiski's crock pickles
- bring to boil, water, vinegar, salt,and alum. boil for about 2 minutes or until dissolved.
- put 1/3 of dill in bottom of crock. add half of garlic, then add half of pickles. repeat once more ending with dill.
- pour brine over pickles. if the brine does not cover the pickles make another batch, then pour over pickles to cover.
- put a large plate over pickles making sure pikles are covered inbrine. put a heavy weight on plate to help hold it down. ( could use a clean rock or i use a couple of jars filled with water). cover crock with towel. check every couple of days and skim off foam. clean outside of jars and plate. return to crock.
- option: you can put dill in the bottom of canning jars wth a garlic clove cut in half. add pickles then cover with brine. can in hot water bath.