Cranberry Orange Relish in Cherry Jell-O
On the inside wrapper of the Indian Trails Cranberry Orange Sauce was a recipe for Cranberry Orange with Cherry Gelatin. I have included that recipe. It is easy, very fruity, full of flavor and a great compliment to Ham and Sweet Potatoes or Turkey and Dressing.
Note: The Relish recipe makes more than needed for the Gelatin recipe, but that's okay because it can be frozen and there will be enough for the rest of the year.
·for the cranberry orange relish:
4 cwhole cranberries
2good quality seedless oranges, cut into 16 wedges, (peel and pulp intact)
·for the cranberry orange with cherry gelatin
2 - 3 ozpkgs, cherry gelatin
2 1/2 cboiling water
1 ccrushed pineapple, juice and all
10 ozfrozen, cranberry orange relish
How to Make Cranberry Orange Relish in Cherry Jell-O
- For the Cranberry Orange Relish:
- Put cranberries and oranges in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. (A food grinder can be used instead of the food processor)
- Place cranberry orange mixture into large bowl and add sugar. Mix well, and let sit for 1 hr or so, until sugar has disolved.
- When sugar is disolved *pack in 10oz quantities to freeze.
*Note: If using to make Cranberry Orange with Cherry Gelatin, you want to drain off most of the juice before packing and freezing.
- For the Cranberry Orange with Cherry Gelatin
- Disolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry orange relish and pineapple. Pour into mold or serving dish. Refrigerate until firm.