Crock Pot Black-eyed Peas & Ham
- 2 pkg
- 1 lb bags of dried black-eyed peas
- 2 medium
- chopped onion
- 2 box
- 32 oz boxes of chicken broth
- bay leaves
- 1 can(s)
- rotel -28oz original or flavor of your preference, i use rotel with habeneros!
- ham bone with some meat still on it.
- 2 c
- bite sized chunks of ham
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Crock Pot Black-eyed Peas & Ham
- 1Rinse and soak black-eyed peas over night covered with water.
- 2In the morning, drain and rinse peas, place in crock pot. Pour in chicken broth and add water to bring liquid just to the top of the peas. Bury the ham bone down into the peas. (If you don't have a bone I use chunks of ham and it works just as well)
- 3Add the chopped onion, bay leaves, can of Rotel tomoatoes, garlic powder.
- 4Cover and set crock pot to low for 8 hrs. At that time, remove bone, remove any meat from the bone, cut into bite sized pieces and add more from any left over ham that was cut off the bone before cooking. Recover and continue to cook for 2 more hours. Remove bay leaves, serve with corn bread & Enjoy!
- 5ps - if you do not use a ham bone and have only chunks of ham then just cook on low for 10 hrs and increase amount of ham to about 3 cups.