The Ultimate Spaghetti squash
This is the ultimate comfort food, and even better the next day when all the favors have had time to permeate the squash.Their is no need to add salt because of the added salt from the bragg liquid aminos and the canned beans also the pasta sauce has a significant amount of salt. so i wouldn't add any more.
1 largespaghetti squash
1 lbextra firm tofu
3 Tbspbragg liquid aminos (soy sauce)
1 Tbsplime juice
1 lbmushrooms, sliced
1 mediumonion, sliced
3 clovegarlic (we love our garlic)
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
1 can(s)hunts pasta sauce 26oz ( we like the chunky vegetable kind)
1 can(s)cannellini beans
How to Make The Ultimate Spaghetti squash
- Bake the squash whole at 350 degrees for about an hour or until it is soft or fork tender. You can do this up to a day ahead if you wish.
While the squash is cooking press your tofu with a clean kitchen towel and a heavy pan in the refrigerator.
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to prepare your dish. Mix the bragg liquid aminos, lime juice, and sugar together in a bowl. Cut the tofu into small cubes and add to the Marinade and toss well. let sit for for 15 to 30 min.
- Now heat a large skillet to a high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. and add tofu to sear. You are looking for a crispy texture to the outside of it. add more oil if you need.(remember the more oil you add here the more oil in your finished dish)Once you have a nice brown color to the tofu and it is a bit crispy remove it from the pan.
- now add your mushrooms to the hot pan and let them brown nicely. Once you have a good color on them add your onions, garlic, and seasoning. and cook till onions are translucent.(onions may pick up color from mushrooms this is OK just don't let garlic burn or it will bitter)
- now add your sauce and beans and leave till it is heated thrue. then add your tofu and squash into the pan and let it warm squash if it was made ahead.
- Serve with Garlic bread and enjoy