1 tspdried sage
1 clovegarlic, crushed
1/8 tspblack pepper
1whole chicken (about 3 to 3 1/2 lbs.)
1 tspdried rosemary
2 cchicken broth
6new potatoes, parboiled
3bell peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
2 mediumzucchini, cut into chunks
1red onion, sliced
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Herb-Roasted Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sage, garlic and pepper.
- Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast, be careful not to tear it.
- Spread 1/2 the herb mixture under the skin; rub the rest on top.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Place onion in the chicken cavity and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Pace chicken on rack in a roasting pan and pour broth into pan.
- Place lid on roasting pan or cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place new potatoes, peppers, zucchini and onion slices on separate baking tray.
- Uncover chicken and until juices run clear when meat is pierced, about 45 minutes longer.
- Drizzle vegetables with oil and then roast along side the chicken for 35 to 45 minutes until cooked and crisp around the edges.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Arrange vegetable around chicken on the serving platter.