How to Make Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Mash 1 pint of the strawberries, using a fork, and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a 3 quart sauce pan.
- Stir in the water and mashed berries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil, then cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the food coloring.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in the remaining 2 pints of strawberries and turn into the baked pie shell.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- To serve, top with puffs of sweetened whipped cream.