By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 pkglean ground beef
1/2 lblean ground pork
1 mediumonion, chopped
3 Tbspbread crumbs
3 Tbspcold water
1 tspprepared mustard
2 Tbspchopped parsley
3hard cooked eggs, peeled
4 Tbspvegetable oil
1 cbeef broth
1/4 chot water
1/2 csour cream
How to Make German Meatloaf
- Thoroughly mix ground meats, onion, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons cold water and eggs.
- Flavor with salt, praprika, mustard and parsley.
- Blend ingredients thoroughly.
- Flatten out meat mixture in the shape of a square, (8 X 8-inches).
- Arrange whole hard-boiled eggs in a row along the middle of the meat.
- Fold sides of meat pattie over the eggs.
- Shape meat carefully into a loaf resembling a flat bread loaf.
- Occasionally rinse hands in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Cube 2 strips bacon; cook in a dutch oven about 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the vegetable oil; heat.
- Place meatloaf in the dutch oven and cook until browned on all sides.
- Cut remaining bacon strips in half and arrange over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place uncovered dutch oven in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- While meat is baking, gradually pour hot beef broth over the top of the meatloaf; brush occasionally with pan drippings.
- When done remove meat to a preheated platter and keep it warm.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water to pan and scrape all particles from the bottom.
- Bring to a gentle boil and add cornstarch that has been mixed with 1/4 cup water.
- Cook until bubbly and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Reheat to warm.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the sauce separately.