The original recipe is from pillsbury..I added a few ingredients and the topping for the dough. I also do not lay one sheet of dough on top of the other and slice. I fold the dough over to make pockets instead.
·2 cans pillsbury pizza dough
·1/4 to 1/2 cup sauce (use your fav marinara, alfredo (for white pizza)or pizza sauce
·shredded mozzerella cheese
·shredded parmesan cheese
·jalepeno peppers diced small (optional)
·minced onion, garlic, parmesan
·black olives, diced onion,
How to Make Pizza Pockets
- Grease a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out 1 can of dough on floured cookie sheet to a thin rectangle. Cut rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut each half into rectangles.
- Brush each rectangle with sauce and add pepperoni,black olives diced small, diced onion mozzerella, parmesan, a sprinkle of oregano and any other toppings you might like.(i love diced jalepenos in mine)
- Fold rectangles over into triangle shape and pinch the edges to seal them shut good. Repeat steps above with second can of dough.
- Place pockets on cookie sheet and bake in oven about 10 minutes. Remove and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan, minced onion or garlic or a combination of these. Return to oven and bake until golden about another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with marinara or your favorite sauce for dipping