Colcannon, Irish Mashed Potatoes
- 8 to 10 potatoes ( i prefer yukon golds)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 scallions
- 1.5 cups boiled green cabbage or curly kale (i use cabbage sauteed in butter instead i like the way it tastes better than boiled cabbage and i am not at all fond of kale)(cabbage should be finely chopped before adding to potatoes)
- 2 tbs butter (melted)
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- pepper and salt to taste
How to Make Colcannon, Irish Mashed Potatoes
- 1Boil potatoes in cold salt water until tender. Drain well and let dry a bit. Put potatoes back in warm pot and mash.
- 2Boil milk and add to mashed potatoes,then add chopped scallions and beat until fluffy. Toss the cooked cabbage, finely chopped, gently in the melted butter. Add the potatoes, together with the parsley, and fold well. Season generously with pepper and taste for salt.
- 3you can sprinkle with additional scallions or parsley.