Danish Hash with Fried Eggs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Danish Hash with Fried Eggs
- In a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until they are limp and golden (about 15 minutes).
- When onions are cooked, transfer to another container and keep warm.
- Then, in the same frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons more of the butter and cook potatoes, turning as needed to brown on all sides; add to onions and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon more butter to the pan and cook beef, stirring occasionally, until it is browned and heated through.
- Add beef to container with onions and potatoes; keep warm.
- Again using the same frying pan add broth, worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat until reduced by about half; then pour over hash mixture.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Using the same pan, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter and fry eggs until done as desired.
- Spoon hash onto a warm platter and arrange eggs on top.
- Garnish with the lettuce and tomatoes.