1/4 cpeanut oil or other oil with a high smoke point.
3 or 4 mediumred-skinned potatoes or other thin-skinned potatoes
1/4 cpotato flour
·seasoning to taste. suggestions include salt, pepper, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and similar dry spices.
How to Make Crunchy oven french fries
- Put the oil in a roasting pan large enough to the potatoes to fit in a single layer. Put the pan in the oven and preheat the oven and pan with oil to 450F.
- Cut the potatoes into french fry shapes and wipe the pieces with paper towels to remove any surface wetness.
- Mix together the potato flour and the spices and coat the potatoes. This is most easily done by shaking in a gallon zippered plastic bag. Put the coated potatoes in a colander and toss to remove excess seasoned flour.
- Place the coated potatoes in a single layer in the hot oil. Roast for a total of 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes at 10 minute intervals.
- Remove the potatoes on a double layer of paper towels and blot with a third layer to remove any excess oil while the potatoes are still hot.
- Serve hot.