Cin's "Cool Whip Quiche"
So I created a New quiche.
I did not have any heavy cream, (which I would normally use), so I used cool whip and whole milk.
I know, crazy combination. But it worked!!!
19-inch pie pastry shell
6 ozcool whip
2 ozwhole milk
3/4 c100% liquid egg whites (just shy of 3/4 cup)
1 pinchfresh ground sea salt
1 pinchfresh ground black pepper
8 ozof mixed cheeses
1/4of a large bell pepper, rough chopped
1 smalltomato, rough chopped
1/8 cchopped chives
1 pinchof each..powdered chicken broth; garlic salt; celery seed
GARNISH TOP OF QUICHE WITH FRESH CILANTRO BEFORE SERVING
How to Make Cin's "Cool Whip Quiche"
- Preheat oven to 375 dF. to start out baking time, (will turn down to 325 dF later).
Prep your bell pepper, chives; tomato and place in a small mixing bowl.
Add spices to chopped (diced) veggies and toss with fork to mix together.
- Place pie pastry into the pie plate.
Cheeses: 2 ounces (1 oz each)
Make small cubes of sharp cheddar and Amish white butter cheese.
Arrange in bottom of pastry shell (will almost cover).
- Mix together: 6 ounces (all together)
Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese; Homestyle 100% Natural Parmesan-Romano cheese mix and Kraft 100% real 3-cheese blend of grated parmeasan-romano-asiago cheeses.
Sprinkle 1/2 (3oz) over the cubed cheeses already in the pie plate.
- In a seperate sm mixing bowl whisk the cool whip, milk and eggs together well.
Add the chopped bell pepper, chives, tomato and spices.
Stir all together and pour into pastry shell over the cheeses already in pastry shell.
Sprinkle over the top with the remaining 3 ounces of cheeses.
- Place pie in the middle of oven at 375 dF for 15 minutes.
Then reduce heat to 325 dF for 25 minutes more.
I covered crusts edges, with a pie shield, for the last 15 minutes (to keep from getting too browned).
- I served this with a tossed spring-greens salad with tomato wedges and fresh strawberry wedges. Sprinkled with White Rice Vinegar, for the dressing.
- The quiche turned out very good..even my Hubby thought so.
Mr. Picky eater that he is, I was surprised...but pleased.