Chinese Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchuck roast, 1 1/2 inch thick
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1/2 cstir-fry sauce
1/2 cburgundy wine
1/2 lbfresh mushrooms, sliced
How to Make Chinese Pot Roast
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Add meat and brown on both sides.
- Combine stir-fry sauce with wine and pour over meat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer, covered, another 15 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water.
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan juices; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens lightly.
- To serve, cut meat across grain into thin slices and serve with the mushroom gravy.