Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These yummy little wraps are tops in flavor AND texture! They're easy on the waistline and are a tasty, snackable treat. The Test Kitchen
1 pkgstir-fry seasoning powder
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspfresh lime juice
1 Tbspcanola oil
1 lbground chicken breast
1red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cwater chestnuts, diced
2 Tbspscallions, thinly sliced
·pinch red chili-pepper flakes
1head romaine lettuce
How to Make Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning, water, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Set aside. Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions, and red chili-pepper flakes and cook 5 minutes. Stir in reserved seasoning mix.
- Cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, chopped mint, peanuts, if desired.