Chicken Pot Pie Nouveau1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
2 cchicken broth
2 csliced carrots
4fresh rosemary sprigs
4 ozsugar snap peas, halved
1 cpearl onions
2 Tbspunsalted butter
2 cchicken, cooked and sliced
1/2 lbpuff pastry sheet, thawed
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Nouveau
- Bring 1 cup broth to a boil, add carrots and rosemary, boil 4 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid and discard rosemary.
- Blanch snap peas, drain, rinse under cold water, add to carrots.
- Cut a small "X" in the root end of each onion, being careful not to cut too deeply, boil onions for 10 minutes, drain, rinse, peel, set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook, whisking over medium-low heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add reserved carrot liquid and enough broth to equal 2 cups. Cook, whisking, until thickened.
- Add a sprig of rosemary, cover, set aside to cool.
- Lightly butter 4 - 1 1/2 cup ramekins.
- Place a portion of chicken in each, followed by a portion of the vegetables.
- Pour the thickened sauce over each mixture.
- Cover ramekins and place in refrigerator.
- On a cool, floured surface, roll out pastry to form a 1/4" thick rectangle.
- Cut into 4 rectangles.
- Whisk water and egg together, brush the outside rim of each ramekin with egg wash.
- Drape pastry over top and seal edges.
- Trim any excess dough and chill in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 and bake 15 to 18 minutes, until pastry is puffed and well-browned.