Chicken Pot Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
33 1/2 pound broiler fryer, cut up
1 cpotato, cubed and peeled
1/2 cgreen beans, cut into 1 inch
1/2 conion, chopped
1/2 cfrozen english peas or butter beans
1 Tbspfresh parsley, minced
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 csour cream
1/2 ccarrots, chopped
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.
- Drain chicken, reserving 2 cups broth and skim fat from broth.
- Set chicken and broth aside to cool slightly.
- Cook potato and carrot in boiling water to cover 5 minutes and add green beans; cook 3 minutes. Drain.
- Skin and bone chicken; cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add 1/4 cup flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is light golden.
- Gradually add reserved broth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and is bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, cooked vegetables, corn, peas, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Add sour cream, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Press dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Arrange biscuits over pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.