By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·flour for dredging
1/4 colive oil
5garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
1/4 cwhite wine
1/4 cdemi-glace, optional
How to Make Chicken Piccata
- Gently pound the meat with a mallet until thin and flat but not broken.
- Sprinkle meat with black pepper, dredge lightly in flour.
- Preheat a heavy wide skillet.
- Add the olive oil and saute the garlic until lightly browned, then remove and reserve.
- Turn up the heat and fry the chicken quickly.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Drain oil from pan, then deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add demi-glaze if desired, lemon juice and the reserve garlic.
- Stir well to heat the sauce thoroughly.
- Add the butter.
- The garlic can be removed with a slotted spoon or left in.
- Add the parsley and spoon over the chicken.
- This dish is excellent when prepared with Chukar, pheasant, Hungarian partridge, blue grouse or ruffed grouse.
- The demi-glaze can be left out.