Chicken Breasts in Chive Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspgreen onions, chopped
1/2 lbmushrooms, stems removed
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
6chicken breasts, skinless
1/2 cchicken stock
1squeeze lemon juice
1 cheavy cream
·"just a pinch" of beurre manie (sauce thickener)
2 Tbspchives, fresh/chopped
How to Make Chicken Breasts in Chive Cream
- Combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon sweet butter on a small flat plate and blend the mixture with a fork into a very smooth paste.
- Roll the paste into a ball.
- In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the scallions and cook for 2 or 3 minutes without browning.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook the mixture over high heat for 2 or 3 more minutes to brown the mushrooms lightly.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- In a large chicken fryer, melt the remaining butter.
- When it is quite hot, add the chicken breasts and cook them for 1 minute on each side.
- Cover the pan with buttered wax paper and then the pan lid.
- Lower the heat and simmer the chicken breasts for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the juices run out pale yellow when pierced with a fork.
- Do not overcook or pierce every piece.
- Immediately remove the chicken breasts to a serving platter.
- Pour the chicken stock into the fryer, raise the heat and reduce the stock until it is almost a glaze.
- Add the heavy cream and continue cooking over high heat.
- Add the Beurre Manie and cook until the sauce heavily coats a spoon.
- Add the mushroom and scallion mixture.
- Add the chives and correct the seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and serve at once.
- These butter-flour balls (beurre manie) can be made ahead in advance and stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 weeks.