Apple Cake IV
I left out the nuts when I made it because I don't like nuts. I can't remember what kind of apples I used I just used what I had on hand but I think any sweet apple green or red will do. I also cut the apple into bit size pieces so that it would be easier to cut.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5apples (pealed, cored, and sliced)
2 call purpose flour
4 tspground cinnamon
4 tspbaking powder
2 cwhite sugar
1 cvegetable oil
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cchopped walnuts (optional)
THIS PART GOES ON TOP OF THE CAKE BATTER JUST BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE OVEN
4 tspwhite sugar
1 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Apple Cake IV
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 15 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Add oil and blend well.
- Add flour mixture and mix well. Add vanilla. Fold in apples and nuts. Pour batter into 10inch round or 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 4 teaspoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake. (This part goes on top of the cake batter right before you put it in the oven.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Amount Per Serving Calories: 216 | Total Fat: 10.2g | Cholesterol: 35mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
(it's not completly healthy but I think it is on the healthier sides when it comes to cake.)