Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
1 can(s)(10 3/4 oz.) campbell's cream of chicken soup ( regular or 98% fat free)
1 1/3 cwater
3/4 cuncooked regular long-grain rice
1/2 tsponion powder
1/4 tspground black pepper
2 cfrozen mixed vegetables
4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in 11 x 8" (2-qt.) shallow baking dish.
- Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired. Cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 50 minutes or until chicken and rice are done. Top with cheese. Let casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir rice before serving.
- Try Alfredo: Use 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for Cheddar.
Add 2 tbsp. cheese with soup.
Use broccoli flowerets for vegetables. Top chicken with remaining Parmesan.
- Make it Crunchy: Prepare and bake as directed. Uncover. Top with 1/3 cup French's French fried onions, crushed. Bake for 5 minutes more. Top with cheese and let stand 10 minutes.