Brie en croute with Caramel and Walnuts
1/2 pkgfrozen puff pastry - thawed. a little flour for dusting
18-oz round of brie cheese - cut in two to make a top and bottom round
1/4 clight brown sugar
1/4 cchopped walnuts or pecans
1egg beaten with 1 tbls of water
How to Make Brie en croute with Caramel and Walnuts
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out slightly to smooth folds.
- Place bottom half of brie - cut side up - in center of pastry.
- Gently pack sugar on top of brie and arrange nuts on top of sugar.
- Top with remaining half- cut side down.
- Trim pastry so there is only a 2" border around the brie. Reserve extra for decoration.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg wash and fold pastry around brie. Place brie - seam side down, onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees or til' pastry is golden. Allow brie to stand for 3mn. before serving with pear slices and/or assorted crackers.