Banana Pudding Squares
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The awesomeness of banana pudding and banana cream pie all wrapped up in a cute square package! Two thumbs up from this banana pudding lover. The Test Kitchen
- nilla wafers, crushed
- 1/4 c
- margarine, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 pkg
- philadelphia cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- tub cool whip, thawed, divided (8 oz)
- 3 c
- milk cold
- 2 pkg
- jell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding (4-serving size each)
- square of baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, grated
- jennifer said she shaved chocolate and white chocolate together on top. will have to try this. sounds good.
- note: you can use whole nilla wafers or the crushed. i use both
How to Make Banana Pudding Squares
- 1COMBINE wafer crumbs and margarine; press firmly onto bottom of 9×13-inch dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
**I have to double the crust ingredients to get it to cover the bottom of a 9X13 pan
- 2MIX cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping; spread carefully onto crust. Set aside. Slice bananas and arrange over cream cheese mixture.
- 3POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. Spoon over bananas. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with chocolate (optional.
**I haven’t put the chocolate on yet….I like to put a layer of Nilla Wafers on top or just leave the cool whip as the topping
- 4Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator (if there are any : )
- 5When ready to serve cut into squares and put grated baking chocolate on top. (optional)