Berried Spinach Salad1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
2boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbspvegetable oil, divided
1 pkgspinach, cleaned and stemmed
1 ptstrawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 smallred onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbspcider vinegar
1 tsppoppy seeds
How to Make Berried Spinach Salad
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil, until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken to large bowl; cool.
- Remove and reserve pan dripping in skillet.
- Tear spinach into bite size pieces.
- Place in bowl with chicken.
- Add the cut strawberries and onion.
- In small bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the reserved pan dripping until well blended.
- Pour over salad and toss lightly to combine.