Annie Mae Jones Ham and Bean Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cwhite beans, dried
1bone from baked ham
3bone from baked ham
1 largeonion, quartered
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Annie Mae Jones Ham and Bean Soup
- Cover the beans with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in soup pot, add water, ham
bone, bay leaf, parsley and onion.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat, partially cover, and let simmer very gently until the beans are tender.
- Add more water if needed.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Remove ham bone, cut off all meat, and return it to the pot.
- Remove about 1 cup of the beans and a little bean liquid.
- Mash to a paste and stir this into the pot to thicken soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, thin soup with milk.