Group active since Thu, Oct 06, 2016
This is a group for people who love movies, any kind of movies: black and white, Technicolor, wide-screen, documentary, sci-fi, shoot-em-up, murder and mayhem, Disney. Whatever your preference, tell us all about it here. You can recommend a film, or pan it. Show a trailer if you wish. Do you like to stream movies on your TV or watch HBO and Lifetime? Those are also fair game.
It is also a group for discussing odd things like unusual holidays or bizarre trivia. If you should run across anything out there which might qualify, please do share with us!
As with any JAP group, we ask that members be kind to one another. Remember, bullying reflects back on the bully far more than it hurts the victim. So let's all be grownups!
Monday at 3:06 AM
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
Monday at 2:58 AM
Monday, July 10 at 4:43 AM
It's Teddy Bear Picnic Day. Spend the lunch hour on a blanket under a shade tree with your Teddy Bear.
Stuffed Teddy Bears are a kids favorite. Children receive Teddy Bears early in their childhood. Children cling to them throughout their teenage years. Many bears are kept, even as you become an adult. As you read this article, many of you adults know exactly where your Teddy Bear is.
On this gorgeous summer day, take your teddy bear (or teddy bears) out for a day in the sun. It's time for a Teddy Bear Picnic! Make a few PB& J sandwiches, some cookies, and a jug of Koolaid. Take a blanket out under a shade tree, and enjoy lunch with your Teddy.
The Origin of the Teddy Bear:
During the early 1900s, President Theodore Roosevelt was in office as President of the United States. He was a hunter. While hunting in Mississippi in 1902, he refused to shoot a small bear. The Washington Post picked up on this story, and made a cartoon of the event. Toy store owners, Morris and Rose Michtom, wrote to President Roosevelt for permission to call their stuffed animals "Teddy Bears". Teddy bears became wildly popular. Their company went on to become the Ideal Toy Company, one of the largest toy companies in the world.
Monday, July 10 at 4:37 AM
1. What 1975 movie had filmgoers afraid to swim in the ocean?
2. Name two stars of the 1997 film “Titanic.”
3. What 1963 movie starred Elizabeth Taylor opposite her future husband Richard Burton and broke up her marriage to Eddie Fisher?
4. Name two stars of the 1984 sci-fi comedy film “Ghostbusters.”
5. What film epic had Clark Gable spouting: “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn?”
6. Name two Doris Day movies.
7. In what movie did Robert Redford star opposite Barbra Streisand?
8. Who portrayed Han Solo in the “Star Wars” films?
9. What 1961 musical about rival New York City gangs had Natalie Wood singing “I Feel Pretty?”
10. What is the name of the madman in “Nightmare on Elm Street?”
11. What 1985 film has teenager Marty McFly meeting his own parents as teenagers?
12. In the movie "Tootsie" what was the first name of the woman who was played by cross-dressing Dustin Hoffman?
13. In the 1995 movie, “To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar,” what now-deceased actor/dancer played a drag queen?
14. What evil character did Anthony Hopkins portray in the 1991 film “The Silence of the Lambs?”
15. What 1996 film starring Tom Cruise brought us the catchphrase “Show me the money?”
Jul 3, 2017
From Pookie (Pepper) with love!