Winter Comfort Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes, italian-style (do not drain)
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1/2 lb
- cabbage,1/2 in. shred
- 1 tsp
- peppercorns, fresh medium/coarse ground or to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion (dehydrated) or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic, minced (dehydrated) or to taste
- 2/3 c
- spicy spaghetti seasoning (dehydrated) or to taste
- 4-5 qt
- 2-3 can(s)
- desired beans (i used white kidney and navy)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste (small can)
- To Taste
- sea salt
- 1 3/4 lb
- mini bow tie pasta and vegetable blend, shwans live smart #767
- 1 pkg
- peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb
- pasta, prepared per instructions on box (bow-tie or shells)
1In a 6qt pot add first 10 ingredients and stir well.
2Cover and bring to a boil. Watch the pot as it may want to boil over. If this is the case, crack the lid and turn down the heat a skoash.
3Simmer soup at medium heat about half and hour, or until cabbage becomes somewhat translucent.
4Stir in the tomato paste, sea salt and the frozen pasta vegetable blend. IF you are using the non-blend option, add the frozen peas and carrots only. DO NOT ADD THE PREPARED PASTA AT THIS TIME.
Bring to a boil
5(Add water to the pot at this time to make up for any loss)Boil uncovered about 10 minutes, or until the peas/carrots are done.
6Add pasta and enjoy.
You may wish to add the pasta to served bowls to keep it from over cooking.