WeightWatcher's Pea Soup 6 servings, 1 point each
Phyllis R Pack
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 1/2 c
- fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 2 c
- medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled cut into 1/2 inch chunks, apx 2 cups
- 1 1/2 c
- medium leeks white and light green part chopped, apx 2 cups
- medium garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1/4 tsp
- table salt divded or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- 10 oz
- frozen green peas thawed apx 2 cups
- 1/2 c
- fat free plain yogart
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh chopped dill divided
- 1/4 c
- diced tomatos
1In large saucepan combine broth. potatoes, leeks, garlic 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered until vegetables are almost tender, about 12 minutes.
2Add peas to sauce pan, stir and cook until vegetables are tender about 3 minutes, remove saucepan from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
3Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together yogart, 2 tbs dill 1/8 tsp pepper until smooth.
4Puree soup in saucepan using an immersion blender, stir in remaining tablespoon of dill.
5To serve ladle 1 cup soup with into each of 6 small soup bowls. Top each with 4 tsps of yogart mixture swirling mixture into soup. Then top each serving with about 2 tsps of tomato.
61 to 2 minutes cooking time. If you use fresh peas you might have to add 1 to 2 minutes extra.