Tomato Dumplin's and Breaded Tomatoes (2 Recipes)
Just use one can of counter biscuits and reduce sizes and/or amounts of other ingredients, if you want.
NOTE: Both recipes are very quick, easy and can be 'made your way' any way you prefer. The basics are provided here.
- 1 can(s)
- tomato juice any kind (i prefer v-8 juice)
- 2 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes any kind
- 3 can(s)
- counter biscuits any kind
- sugar to taste (i prefer just a sprinkle)
- black pepper to taste (i prefer a lot of pinches)
- add additional ingredients to your taste (spices, 2 pats of butter, splash of cream, etc)
- 1 can(s)
- diced or stewed 'maters
- 1-2 Tbsp
- 1 pinch
- sugar (i do not like sugar in my breaded 'maters but gma did)
- 1-2 slice
- white bread
- black pepper (and if needed a pinch of salt)
Pinch off thumbnail sized pieces biscuits into boiling mixture. Then simmer on low for 20 minutes.
Grab your bowl, ladel in, enjoy!
NOTE: This is yummy with 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich or tossed salad or both.
Assemble all ingredients (EXCEPT slice(s) of white bread) in a pan atop the stove.
Bring mixture to a rolling boil and stir, reduce heat to simmer. After 2 or 3 mins, turn heat on lowest setting.
Break in bits your sliced white bread and put on top of tomato mixture.
Turn off burner. Gently stir and toss until bread resembles a wet dumpling.
Grab a dessert cup or small bowl, dish it up from the pan, enjoy! Side dish perfect compliment to almost any meal.