Sausage and Kale Soup
Been gone for a bit but I am back with a great soup to help fight off the cold winter days and nights.
- 8 oz
- fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 medium
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 6 c
- reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium
- yukon gold potatoes ( 1 1/4 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/2-in. chunks
- 12 oz
- fresh kale,stems removed and leaves chopped (8 cups)
- crushed red pepper (optional)
1Heat a 5 quart over medium high heat. Add sausage and saute 5 minutes or until browned.
2Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until onions starts to soften. Add broth and bring to a boil.
3Stir in potatoes and kale. Simmer, partially covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes and kale are tender. Serve with crushed red pepper, if desired.